Thursday, April 29, 2010

Here I Go Again...

Yep. It's been... very close to a full year since my last post titled "I am Sullivan's Mommy." Guess what. Now I am also Story's Mommy. :)



I guess a lot has happened this year. Oy. Obviously Ryan and I got pregnant and had a baby girl. Yea! StoryJames Virginia Kasl was born on January 29th. She is my Beautiful Babe. I love her to pieces! I am so happy to be the mother of a boy and a girl!

Ryan is ONE week away from finishing his Master's Degree! He is interviewing tomorrow for a position as a special education teacher in Shakopee. I know he'll get it.

Ryan is a super-human. While going to school full time, he has been working full time (and then student teaching), being an awesome husband (to a crazy pregant lady for 9 months -otherwise I am perfectly normal and lovely of course), he is a terrific father (Sullivan cannot wait for Daddy to come home from work!), and he has held it all together beautifully. And if that's not super-human enough, he is graduating with a 4.0 GPA. !

So since our lives have peaked at about the craziest they'll hopefully ever be, we've been living with our parent's for the past 8 months. A few months at my parents' and then a few at Ryan's. Back and forth. It has helped keep a happy balance. Our parents have been completely wonderful. We are so thankful for everything they do to support us while we're on this path.

In the next few weeks we'll be finding out what God has planned for the next chapter in our lives. I'm so excited to settle into a place that's ours that I don't even care that we'll be renting! Ha! My house-buying jitters have settled. I'm sure the time will come soon enough.

I've been thinking about blogging a lot lately. Writing really helps me sort my thoughts. Sometimes I'll ramble out a paragraph and re-read it and think. "Huh, I didn't even really know I felt that way." I think this is a good thing. I spend pretty much all of my time with two crazy amazing kids. They keep me on my toes and some blogging time for just me is very much in order.

Some topics I'd like to blurb out include:

-Diet stuff. Nutrition related -not weight-loss related. (Of course, when am I not thinking about diet?)

-Wife stuff. (I'm reading an awesome book, "Created to be His Help Meet.")

-Mommy stuff. Ideas for activities and such.

-Fitness Goals

-Photography

-Homeschooling ideas.

-God and Prayer stuff. (WHY did this show up last on the list? This is what's happening.)

...and of course I want to post some pictures. <3

1 comment:

Kristen said...

YAY! I am glad you are back and I look forward to reading all you have to say!