Friday, April 30, 2010

Random Thoughts


-Shooting my first wedding of the season in 7 days! Excited to carry 2 cameras -2 funky lenses.
Not excited about what I'm wearing so much. Stupid c-section. Still kinda numb-ish and hurting. Pants just aren't good.

-Milk Chocolate Mochas!

-Sullivan does not eat sugar. Well... rarely. He gets a sad rash when sugar gets in his diet. Even fruit that is high in sugar has a strong affect on him! He had been having cantelope a lot one week and it was a week of pure insanity. He couldn't sleep. He kept getting time-outs. He would run crazy, shaking his head. Once we figured out the connection everything settled back down.

-Sullivan has a super healthy diet. Like today he ate an egg, hashbrowns, an orange, 2 grapefruit, coconut milk, cashews, string cheese, carrots, 1/2 an avocado, and some broccoli. He loves his fruit and veggies and he eats nuts all day long.

-Dark chocolate (90% Caca0) has like 4 or 5 grams of sugar in a Sullivan sized sticky serving. He loves it! (On special occasions.)

-Sully also gets a kids dark chocolate cocoa at Caribou sometimes. Made with soy (less sugar than milk) and half the chocolate. This is his favorite treat!!!

-I got my haircut today! By myself, too! My mom watched my babies by herself, Go Mom!

-Over a year ago, I was vegan for like 2 months until pregnancy cravings kicked in. I was really bummed but having only been "practicing" for two months, I just couldn't keep it up. :( I'm thinking of trying it again soon. I'm nursing and Story spits up a lot. I just learned today (from my good friend, Diana) that if this happens you should take lactose out of your diet to see if it helps. So I might as well take the opportunity to be vegan again, right? More buttery avocados for me!

-I cannot believe that I am old enough to say that "We might be done having kids." ...done? I am an old lady.

-"Might!"

-I want a van. One with doors that open by themselves!

-My poor pooch needs a bath.

-When we move I think I'm going to throw away all of Ryan's socks so he can start fresh with all new ones.

-There are a lot of things I'm going to get rid of. :)

-Poor Ryan has set up the crib (and taken it down again) 3 times and I'm pretty sure it's only been slept in 3 times.

-I miss Becky and want her to move home so badly! She hasn't even met Story yet. :'(

-During the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy with Story, I just knew that she had dark hair and that the cord was wrapped around her neck. Obviously the latter really bothered me. I was right about both. (Everything was ok, of course.)

-I didn't used to be a big texter. But now we have unlimited texting (it's easier to communicate with my sister, Becky, that way) so I've become a super-texter! A little keyboard slides out of my phone and everything!

-Someday I want to replace my silver fillings (I think I have 3 or 4?) with white porcelain ones. Maybe they're not even spendy... ? Both for cosmetic and health reasons. Pretty sure there's mercury in the silver ones. I should really figure out what I'm talking about. :)

-I have to figure out how to deal with blame. Whenever something bad happens, I end up blaming someone. I think this started the year we got married. I would often jokingly say, "And I blame you!" to Ryan. :/ Isn't that awful? I think it kind of festered in me and now I seem to always need to find someone at fault when bad things happen. What a nasty weakness. At least I'm aware. How do I fix it?

-I'm sleepy; I need to pump, shower, and get some real rest with my lovely family!



No comments: